About the Project
As Davidson adjusts to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are challenged to develop new ways to engage and interact with our community. The Davidson College Archives, which regularly collects, shares, and preserves the college’s and community’s unique stories, would like to document the experiences of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members during these uncertain times. We invite you to share your COVID-19 story through original words, music, video, art, or images, regardless of whether you are on campus, in the Town of Davidson, the Lake Norman area, or thousands of miles away.
Not sure what to submit? Here are some questions you might want to explore:
- Davidson prides itself on community. How have you experienced that community differently since the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What does social distancing look like in your life?
- How have you adjusted to remote learning, teaching, and working?
- How are you spending your time outside of work and classes?
- What do you think of Davidson’s response to COVID-19?
This community-sourced project collects the COVID-19 experiences of Davidson students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members and seeks to represent as many voices in as many formats as possible. Because we welcome differing opinions and a wide array of experiences for the historical record, you may encounter uncomfortable or upsetting content on this site. We expect every contribution to respect the dignity of all persons and will review all submissions for inappropriate content.
The Davidson College Archives, Special Collections, and Community team has drawn inspiration from other archival and community-sourcing projects. We would especially like to acknowledge the following initiatives: